Russia’s Permanent Representative to the UN Vasily Nebenzya
– The Middle East is on the threshold of a full-scale war.
– Russia asked the UN Security Council members to react to the draft resolution by 19:00 Moscow time on October 14.
– Some UNSC members reacted positively to the Russian draft resolution, while others reacted with restraint.
– The responsibility for the current aggravation of the situation in the Middle East lies largely with the United States.
– The current wave of violence in the Middle East is taking place against the background of Israel’s recent violations of UN Security Council resolutions.
– Russia is ready to mediate in the conflict in the Middle East.
– The Russian Federation recognizes Israel’s right to defend itself, but considers unacceptable actions aimed at collective punishment of the Palestinians.